Next edition: 1st part: 25 September 2017 – 1 June 2018 / 2nd part: September 2018 – June 2019
Syllabus and study guide
The programme is structured in two parts. The first part (60 ECTS) has a professional orientation and covers lectures, practicals, case studies, personal and group work and study, individual supervised work, and technical visits to firms and institutions belonging to the agro-food sector. This part is delivered by guest lecturers of renowned experience from international institutions and universities, research centres and companies from various countries. The second part (60 ECTS) focuses on the introduction to research, critically applying the knowledge, skills and competences acquired in the first part to problems related to agro-food marketing. This part of the Master is carried out in universities, research centres or companies of acknowledged prestige, usually in Spain or in the country of origin of the participant, under the supervision of a director for the research project, who should be a PhD with experience and prestige in the subject of the research.
All the units included in the programme correspond to a postgraduate level second-cycle, according to the European Space for Higher Education (ESHE) and are delivered in a face-to-face mode. The units for each part of the programme are shown below. The Study guide for each Unit provides detailed information on contents, competences, learning activities, learning assessment, etc.
First part of the Master (60 ECTS)
- Unit 1 – Supply, demand and prices of agricultural products (5 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, first semester)
- Unit 2 – International trade and modelling of agricultural products (5 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, first semester)
- Unit 3 – Agro-food market structure and policies (8 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, first semester)
- Unit 4 – Marketing and market research (9 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, first semester)
- Unit 5 – Programming the marketing mix (8 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, second semester)
- Unit 6 – Marketing strategy and control (4 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, second semester)
- Unit 7 – International marketing and case studies of firms (6 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, second semester)
- Unit 8 – Marketing project (15 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, course)
Second part of the Master (60 ECTS)
- Unit 9 – Introduction to research (30 ECTS) (Compulsory) (second year, course)
- Unit 10 – Master’s final work (Master Thesis) (30 ECTS) (Master’s final work) (second year, course)