Next edition: 1st part: 25 September 2017 – 1 June 2018 / 2nd part: September 2018 – June 2019
Syllabus and study guide
The programme is structured in two parts. The first part (60 ECTS) has a professional orientation and covers lectures, practical work carried out individually or in teams, individual supervised work, technical visits and a professional training placement. This part is delivered by UZ lecturers and guest lecturers of renowned experience from international institutions and universities, research centres, services of administrations and companies from various countries. The second part (60 ECTS) focuses on the introduction to research, critically applying the knowledge, skills and competences acquired in the first part to problems related to animal nutrition. This part of the Master is carried out in the UZ or in other universities, research centres or companies of acknowledged prestige, usually in Spain or in the country of origin of the participant, under the supervision of a director for the research project, who should be a PhD with experience and prestige in the subject of the research.
All the units included in the programme correspond to a postgraduate level second-cycle, according to the European Space for Higher Education (ESHE) and are delivered in a face-to-face mode. The units for each part of the programme are shown below. The Study guide for each Unit provides detailed information on contents, competences, learning activities, learning assessment, etc.
First part of the Master (60 ECTS)
- Unit 1 – Principles of animal nutrition (10 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, first semester)
- Unit 2 – Feedstuffs and feed technology: composition, quality and safety (10 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, first semester)
- Unit 3 – Animal feeding, and food quality and safety (15 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, course)
- Unit 4 – Mathematical and statistical methods in animal nutrition (5 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, second semester)
- Unit 5 – Repercussions of nutrition on the environment and on animal health and welfare (6 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, second semester)
- Unit 6 – Individual project (7 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, course)
- Unit 7 – Professional training stage related to animal nutrition (7 ECTS) (Compulsory) (first year, second semester)
Second part of the Master (60 ECTS)
- Unit 8 – Introduction to research (30 ECTS) (Compulsory) (second year, course)
- Unit 9 – Master’s final work (Master Thesis) (30 ECTS) (Master’s final work) (second year, course)